Partners General Insurance Agency, LLC, a subsidiary of K2 Insurance Services, LLC, is seeking a full-time Underwriter or Underwriting Assistant to join its Underwriting team at its office in Shelton, Connecticut. Founded in 2001, Partners General is a managing underwriter for general liability and excess liability programs offered in all 50 states. Recently acquired by San Diego-based K2 Insurance Services, Partners General continues to expand its product offerings by developing new insurance programs for national distribution.
Partners General offers the opportunity to join an established company in growth mode. Our compensation package includes competitive pay; bonus plan; medical, dental, and vision insurance with no waiting period; paid time-off in year of hire; and 401(k) with employer match.
Underwriter’s activities include but are not limited to:
• Ensuring daily underwriting and policy
processing work is completed in accordance with service level objectives and
all applicable laws and regulations.
• Knowledge of and adherence to all company forms and guidelines
• Providing rate recommendations that are competitive and ensure long-term profitability for the company.
• Maintaining positive relationships with current agents and developing profitable relationships with new agents.
• Monitoring the profitability of the company’s book of business and making recommendations to maximize it.
• Special projects and other duties as assigned.
Ideally, the Underwriter will have:
• Bachelor’s degree in insurance, business, finance
or other related filed.
• At least 3 to 5 years’ underwriting experience, with P&C license a plus but not required.
• Strong Excel and Word skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills with attention to details.
• Ability to work independently and as a team member.
Qualifications for the Underwriting Assistant are similar, but we are more flexible as respects underwriting experience.
Learn more about K2 Insurance Services at k2ins.com. If Partners General’s Underwriter position seems like a good fit for you, please send your resume to email@example.com as soon as possible.